- Assistant Professor
- Department of Computer Science
- Drexel University
Previously: xu.kaid at northeastern.edu
I’m looking for highly motivated students who have strong background in machine learning and deep learning, with full financial support. Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to contact me via email, together with resume including publication list and transcripts.
Kaidi Xu is an Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science at Drexel University. He obtained his Ph.D. degree at Northeastern University in 2021 advised by Prof. Xue (Shelley) Lin. His primary research interest is the robustness of machine learning, including physical adversarial attacks, rigorous robustness verification and certified defenses. His research papers are published in various top conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, IJCAI, AAAI, CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, etc. Previously to Northeastern University, He obtained M.S. and B.S. degrees from the Department of Computer Science at University of Florida in 2017 and Sichuan University in 2015 respectively.
- 09/2022: Two papers were accepted by NeurIPS 2022!
- 05/2022: One paper was accepted by ICML 2022!
- 04/2022: I’m a co-organizer of ICML 2022 Workshop on Formal Verification of Machine Learning. Submit your paper by May 27, 2022 (see our Call for Papers!).
- 02/2022: I am one of the main speakers for AAAI 2022 Tutorial Formal Verification of Deep Neural Networks: Theory and Practice [tutorial webpage]
- 10/2021: I was invited by Qi Alfred Chen to talk about my recent research works on Neural Networks Verification at UC Irvine.
- 09/2021: Two papers were accepted by NeurIPS 2021!
- 09/2021: Congratulations! Our team Alpha-beta-crown won the International Verification of Neural Networks Competition (VNN-COMP 2021) with the highest total score.(official website, certificate, source code and competition report)
- 03/2021: I was invited by Visual Informatics Group @ University of Texas at Austin to talk about my recent resrach works.
- 03/2021: I co-organized ATVA 2021 Workshop on Security and Reliability of Machine Learning (SRML).
- 01/2021: Two papers were accepcted by ICLR 2021.
- I am honored to serve as Senior Program Committee in IJCAI 2021!
- I will serve as committee member of AAAI 2021, ICLR 2021, CVPR 2021, ICML 2021 and WACV 2021.
- 09/2020: One paper was accepted by NeurIPS 2020.
- Our work “Adversarial T-shirt” was reported by WIRED, Boston Globe, Communications of the ACM and Jiqizhixin.
- 07/2020: One paper was accepted by ECCV 2020 (Spotlight).
- 06/2020: One paper was accepted by ICML 2020.
- 05/2020: I will work as a research intern at Tencent Media Lab in Summer 2020.
- 02/2020: One paper was accepted by CVPR 2020.
- 01/2020: I will work as a research intern at MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab in Spring 2020.